How To Backup MYOB
Launch MYOB into the company you wish to backup. For example if you are doing accounting work for a company called “St. Thomas Church” Load the company into MYOB and do the following:
- On the top navigation bar click on File then choose backup as shown in the diagram.
- In the next box choose With Checking Errors
- Click the drop down arrow in the Save In box and select the drive that is your USB Flash drive or external hard drive. Usually the Letter will be E:\ or F:\ or G:\ etc. The letter you want is the removable disk.
- Once you have selected the proper drive letter you will need to give the file a name. For example St. Thomas Church leave the .ZIP file extension. You should now have a file called St. Thomas Church.ZIP See the diagram below if you are unsure.
- Click Save and then click OK
That is it, you are done. Repeat the above steps for every company that you have accounting data for.