How to configure and setup Microsoft Outlook 2007 for your Gmail account.
Gmail is one of the most robust web based email systems, but there comes a time when you need extra mail features. Microsoft Outlook is used by all the professionals around the globe. Outlook is supplied with your Microsoft Office package and has some great features. Today I will teach you how to setup and configure your Outlook email client to download all of your Gmail email.
For this exercise you will need your Gmail email address and password. The first thing we need to do is log in to Gmail. Go to Gmail and login to your account and then follow these simple instructions.
- After you are logged into your Gmail account you will notice a link called Settings in the top right corner. Click the Settings link as illustrated below.
- Next, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP as illustrated below.
- Next, in the Pop download section select the radio button titled Enable Pop for all email and then click on Save Changes as illustrated below.
- Next, launch Microsoft Outlook and complete the following instructions.
- Click on Tools and then select Account Settings as illustrated below.
- Next, click on New and then select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types as illustrated below.
- Next, select Internet Email and click Next.
- In the next screen you will have to fill in all of your personal information as illustrated below.
- Next, select the More Settings tab and then select the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and make sure use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected as illustrated below.
- Click the Advanced tab, and under Incoming Server (POP3) type in 995 and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, enter 587, and select TLS from the drop-down menu next to Use the following type of encrypted connection as illustrated below.
- Click Ok.
- Congratualtions, you have successfully setup and configured Microsoft Outlook for use with your Gmail email account.
Visit Gmail to learn how to configure and setup your email client for your Gmail account.
You may also be interested in how to send an email to undisclosed recipients or how to setup outlook express email client or how to setup outlook.
How To Make/Create/Design/Build Your Own Website