Safe Mode: Safe Mode is a specific way for helping you load Windows when there is a critical problem which interferes with the normal operation of Windows. To get your computer into safe mode do the following:
- Restart or turn on your computer
- Start tapping (continuously) the F8 key on your keyboard when the computer starts to load
- You should now see the advanced options menu as shown below in the figure.
- Use your up and down arrow keys to highlight the selection you want, for example “Safe Mode With Networking”
- Once you have highlighted the entry you want press the “enter” key on the keyboard
- If after several attempts you are unable to get into Windows 2000
or Windows XP Safe Mode as the computer is booting into Windows,
turn off your computer. When the computer is turned on the next
time Windows should notice that the computer did not successfully
boot and give you the Safe Mode screen.
- If you are still unable to get the system to respond, call a professional for help. You could call me for example.
Advanced Boot Options Explained